It’s here, folks: Version 1.0!
This 11th release marks the first 100% native version for iPhoto2Gmail. All of the code is now Cocoa, no more PHP or Java behind the scenes. More importantly, everything that was broken got fixed, and new features were added!
I want to thank my volunteer team of ace Beta testers for “puttin’ the boots”, as one of them says, to this release. They each helped me spot problems that would have snuck by otherwise. A big thanks to Jay, Jesus, Grant and James!
The nitty gritty:
Version 1.0 (10/21/2008)
– Contacts are now retrieved using Google’s GData framework
– All-new native email engine based on the Pantomime framework.
– Fine-grained progress bar!
– Ability to cancel in-progress email.
– Special characters in passwords are handled properly
– Mac OS X 10.4 is now required.
– Misc. performance and stability improvements.
I’ll try to put up a manual installer this weekend, for those whose iPhoto versions aren’t detected properly.
If you have trouble with the plugin, please post a detailed description to the discussion group.